Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cooper's 1st fly fishing lesson

We came to Wichita this weekend to celebrate Cori's 5 year cancerversary :) When we arrived on Saturday afternoon, Cooper started looking at one of grandpa's fly fishing books/catalogs. Cooper was asking all kinds of questions about what things were and what they were used for. Cooper was very interested in all of what grandpa had to say. Then he looked at grandpa and asked, "can we go downstairs so I can make my own fly?" The boys were off! Cooper was so excited about the fly he had made and grandpa even had a display box ready for him to put it in. When all the excitement of the fly was over, Cooper looked at grandpa and said, "can we go to the fly fishing store we go to. I need to go buy my own pole." Grandpa got a good laugh out of that and took him to the closet where he showed him a pole he already had that he will let Cooper use some day. MAN, WAS THE KID EXCITED!!!!! He immediately started talking about when he gets to go fishing with daddy and grandpa. On Sunday morning after breakfast grandpa took Cooper out to the back yard for his first casting lesson. I didn't dare go out in the yard to take pictures. Cooper was actually listening and trying to do what grandpa asked him to do, I did not want to be a distraction. I was able to get a couple pictures and a video through the window.




No comments: